Thursday, February 09, 2006

Et fin!

Introducing the bunny!



Specs:
I used gray acrylic for the bunny and fuzzy blue mystery yarn that I got in a box of yarn that someone gave away free over the internet for the scarf. I love the mystery yarn, but it's so thin. The scarf is striped: 5 rows stockinette, 5 rows reverse stockinette, modeled after my own scarf. Fast knit, it just took me so long because I'm procrastinatory. I used embroidery floss for the face, and let me tell you, I have no skillz when it comes to embroidering on knitted objects, which is odd, considering I have some experience with cross-stitch and such. He/she is stuffed with lavender (a tiny amount because that stuff is strong!) and fiberfill. I was surprised by how small it turned out. I can read the pattern, but it's different when the bunny is in your hand and you're trying to stuff it through the tiniest holes. It was a miracle that I stuffed its head. The circumfrence of its neck is smaller than the width of my pinky finger. Anywoo, I enjoyed this knit and will likely knit it again sometime.

1 Comments:

At 10:34 PM, Blogger Horse Power said...

Woohoo! That's ADORABLE! I like the colors of the bunny and the scarf, they go so well together, plus his little pink nose. His face is perfect. And I love the smell of lavender....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home